Are You A Healer? 10 Signs That It’s Time To Serve A Higher Purpose In Your Life
Last weekend while visiting my family in the country, I was called ‘A Healer.’ To be honest I’ve never actually thought of myself as a traditional healer. But the comment made me stop and think about the work I do on the planet with my clients. Upon deeper reflection, I thought yes! I am a healer. And if you’re reading this chances are you are too.
But what does it mean to be a healer and more importantly how can you recognise if you are?
Being a healer means different things to different people, but when you acknowledge that every human being on the planet has the potential to be one the definition takes on a whole new meaning. Let me explain.
In ancient cultures, wisdom was shared from generation to generation enabling rituals and healings to be conducted when necessary. In the last 500 years, humanity has lost it’s connection to healing and this is why in recent years it has had such a resurgence on the planet.
From meditation and mindfulness to wellbeing and wellness there is a deep human need to feel emotionally balanced, spiritually connected, physically healthy and mentally astute. Finally after centuries of neglect we are remembering what our ancestors always knew. We need to align our mental, emotional, physical and spiritual bodies – with ourselves and the planet. Otherwise, dis-ease will manifest. Cue cancer, depression, anxiety, obesity etc and climate change, global warming, toxicity and poverty will continue to co-exist.We need to align of our mental, emotional, physical and spiritual bodies. With ourselves and the planet.Click To Tweet
In the Western world, this is WHY we have so many people suffering – from mental health to auto-immunities. History shows that humanity has forgotten how to heal itself so the time has come for all of us to remember.History shows that humanity has forgotten how to heal itself so the time has come for us to remember.Click To Tweet
In recent years many people have begun to feel out of place in their chosen careers. This is because they are remembering. Women are starting to rise again as natural healers in the modern world. This is not to say that men cannot be healers – of course they can! But first they need to be inspired and their inspiration will come from, women. But not just any woman. They will be inspired by the woman who has embraced her femininity and is leading from within.
So are you a healer? Here are 10 signs that you are and it’s probably time for you to serve a higher purpose here on earth.
1. You know that you are meant to engage and participate in the global shift in consciousness. You feel it pulling you, like a magnet, towards a leadership role that will help transform human consciousness and the evolution of the planet.
2. You’ve experienced difficult challenges which have prepared you for this work. In indigenous cultures, the village knew who the ‘shaman’ was because he or she was struck by lightning and survived. In modern culture, you may not literally be struck by lightning, but you may have survived some other life or incredibly stressful ordeal. You may have experienced childhood abuse, sexual violence, a near-death experience, or some other trauma that forged you into the healer you are.
3. You are an introvert. Healers are multidimensional beings who dance between worlds. So at times you may find you have a hard time navigating life, which causes you to withdraw yourself from society so you can be present to other levels of consciousness and find your emotional home.
4. You are a biophile. Healers have a strong affinity for life and all living organisms.They are natural translators of information so you will feel most alive when surrounded by the natural world.
5. Physical ailments that fall under difficult-to-treat categories. Think chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, chronic Lyme disease, chronic pain disorders, and autoimmune disorders. From my own personal experience as a Healer, it wasn’t until accepted my calling that my Scleroderma began to subside. Acceptance of your call to serve a higher purpose often resolves the symptoms of your sickness. If you’re suffering from one of these illnesses, ask yourself, “Am I a healer who hasn’t said yes to my calling yet?”
6. A born misfit. You’ve always felt like you don’t quite belong here on earth. In ancient times healers tended to live on the outskirts of a village for a reason – they’re not like the others! But you DO fit in and your role is essential.
7. You are a trusted advisor. You’re the person people turn to for comfort. Problem-solving, wisdom and solutions are your speciality and you’ve been told more than once that you are ‘wise beyond your years.’
8. Energy collects in your hands. Your hands and palms often feel tingly – pins and needles, buzzing, throbbing, vibrating, or pulsating reminding you of your natural healing abilities.
9. You are an empath. You feel EVERYTHING around you often need to take time out to recalibrate and re-energize your body, mind and soul.
10. You know you’re meant for something greater. Healers have a great vision for their life. They have clear boundaries and are willing to the do the work when they are inspired. The secret to bringing your calling to life is to know where and when you feel inspired, empowered, engaged and motivated to bring your unique gifts and talents to life.
So are you a healer? Remember the world needs you more than you know. So make sure you take a moment to absorb all that you have read in this post and start to think differently about your life and role on planet earth.
Now I would love to hear from you. Which of these signs resonate in your life? Are you an empath, suffered a chronic disease? Do you feel like a misfit? Please share it with me in the comments below.
Thank you so much for being here. I am thrilled that we are on this journey together, now I’d love to hear from you.
IT's TiME TO FIND YOURS
From uncertainty, apathy and disengagement to clarity, meaning and passion.
Download this FREE 48 page eBook from Brooke and find the work you were born to do.
GET INSTANT ACCESS.